Sunday, October 25, 2009

Three Days Sober

I haven't had a Diet Coke in 3 days.
This is monumental. 
I've been drinking a solid average of 4 to 5 since I was about 13. 

I've been thinking a lot about addictions recently. Like what causes someone to feel dependent on a substance, the physicality of it all, etc. and decided that I don't want any part of it. I want to be able to just drop something if I want to, without having to worry about my body's reliance on a chemical. So when my friend Andrew explained to me how aspartame reacts similarly to how formaldehyde would, preserving fat in your organs so that it won't burn away, I decided to lay off. 

Now I want to learn more about addictions that people have. And what constitutes an 'addictive personality'. And how people are addicted to abstract things, like feelings or situations. Library tomorrow probably. 

No comments:

Post a Comment